Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Time is flying

Today is my baby girl's first birthday. How is this possible? Wasn't she just born a few weeks ago? These questions have been running through my mind for a few days now.

We had Liv's party on saturday. It was sweet. We just had family and a couple friends. It was small, intimate, and relaxed. Not too stressful for me. Haha. Olivia had a blast opening presents and eating cake. She REALLY liked her cake. It was pretty much the sweetest and funniest thing I've seen in a long time. We also watched a little mini-movie I put together. It makes me teary-eyed every time I watch it.

My baby is one. As I'm typing this, the minute of her birth has just passed. Exactly one year ago, I was holding her for the first time. I was seeing her beautiful face for the very first time. I was thinking "you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." She still is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I'm watching her sit and play right now. She has a little monkey that she is holding by the tail, and a book. She loves to "read" her books, and carry them around. She is amazing. Every day she learns something new. Time is just flying by. It really makes me want to cherish every moment. I don't want to miss a single second of her growing up.

Here is the video I made, to commemorate Olivia's special birthday.



footnote: The song playing in the video is "Love and Some Verses" by Iron and Wine. Also, I will post pictures of the party very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet video! Happy Birthday precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete